Wednesday, April 10, 2013

Sleepy inspiration

It was a rainy day in the city.

After my late night last evening, I dragged myself from the confines of my sheets and began to come-to while on the L; forehead pressed against the glass, looking at the gray city through streaks of rain. I had my Art in Chicago Now class, where every week we visit different museums and galleries. It has really been incredible meeting all of these gallery owners and artists. Anyway, so we're walking to our fourth gallery and my teacher walks up next to me. Just a few moments before he hands me my midterm paper with a bold "A+" on the back. He looks at me and says "So that was really inspiring," I am completely off guard and don't know what he's referring to at first. When I scramble my thoughts and realize he is talking about my paper I stumble out, "Oh, really? Well- thank you!" He goes on to tell me that I really moved him and that it really shows that I am a writer. When I followed up his compliment with the news about my transferring it nearly broke my heart to see his- not disappointment- but sadness in what he described as "losing me."

I, am horrible, with goodbyes.

Other than class today I have been in bed and completely unproductive. I talked to Kim from Hallmark and my father a little bit more about school plans. I replied to some emails on inquiries of items I am trying to sell on craigslist for some extra cash. Then I slept some more.

Now I need to e-mail my photography teacher about my final, which I am fairly concerned about, (My final has been completely foreshadowed by this book that I'm creating, it's a problem) and I need to e-mail back a girl that I was introduced to today that will be attending school with me in May. She's from Michigan, which is obviously an immediate selling point when it comes to becoming friends. Haha. I'm still opposed to having a roommate but it will still be nice to have someone that I know I can talk to and seek out ahead of time.

Now that Allie is home and I have taken my nap hopefully I can find the motivation to be productive.

I'm attaching a video of one of the men that will be my teachers in my time at Hallmark, simply because it was refreshing to watch. I can't wait to be working with these professionals, these people that want to help me pursue the dream that they're still passionate about. Get inspired.

Phone photo taken at one of the galleries I attended today. I'm a romantic.

No comments:

Post a Comment