Wednesday, April 10, 2013

The rush

It is 3:18am and both my eyes and mind are starting to get fuzzy. My roommate, Allie, is laying at the foot of my bed, and I can feel my corneas frying even now staring at my monitor.

I had my photography class today, which would have been exciting and productive if not for having a sub. I got yelled at for trying to follow along in Lightroom on my laptop, "Can you please put that away and pay attention?" White my classmates heads are buried in notebooks, scratching doodles, I am being called out for actually trying to learn hands on... I shall not rant. I shall not. I hope you can feel my confused frustration for yourself.

Moving along, I was also disappointed about having a sub because I was supposed to share my prints from my last assignment with my teacher; it was supposed to be a color portrait of two separate subjects in two of their most common environments. I was ecstatic about these prints because they went SO WELL. Thus far, every time I have found my way to the printing lab, I leave in tears. The printers are terrible and something is always too dark or over saturated, and I leave with 15 horrid prints instead of the 4 that I needed. This time I needed four prints and every single one of them printed perfectly on the first try. Ah, so refreshing.

Oh goodness, my eyes are starting to water. I will shake off the pain.

Today I also had a phone conversation with my father about Hallmark finances. We've now applied for both the parent plus loan and Salliemae. By the end of the week we will choose the best and most logical option and I will be able to begin the housing process. Massachusetts is so close I can taste the east coast breeze. I am currently scrounging for both jobs and furniture. I'll take any photographic work I can get at any price in the weeks leading up to this move; proof that I am truly a college student.

Now for why my eyes have been staring at this screen for so many hours...

My next assignment to turn in for my photo class is a sequencing assignment; a series of photos in a book that tell a story. You get the idea. I believe I mentioned this assignment in one of my earlier posts, but a little repetition never hurt. I went to Ohio for a weekend to shoot this assignment. I used myself and a friend as the subjects, the idea has manifested into "the runaways". I described in more depth before what my images consisted of but I rather not say again because I want a bit of mystery now that the project is coming to its end. You never want to say too much about a great thing, eh? Maybe I'm praising myself a bit too much, but I'm excited about the results. The images will be printed in a hardcover 10x8in blurb book on premium luster paper.

I'm becoming increasingly tired and my sentences are probably becoming sloppy and incomplete, I will leave you with a preview of the cover image and retreat to my blankets.

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment